Step 2: SETTING MY CHALLENGES
It’s now time to set the challenges!! To make the learning-to-learn more specific to language learning, this step helps you locate the specific language elements that you want to develop.
The Challenge Cards make the process easier and can either be used as they are or you can use them as inspiration. Adapt them to suit your needs and set specific learning goals!
The Challenge Cards are based on the CEFR language framework, meaning that the totality of the challenges is framed to cover each of the CEFR categories, which are as follows:
- Oral comprehension
- Audio-visual comprehension
- Reading comprehension
- Oral production
- Written production
- Oral interaction
- Written interaction
- Online interaction
A more detailed description of the categories is available HERE.
Find out where your strengths and weaknesses are using the categories. And find out which categories are important for you to develop. These tools will help you do that.
You will learn:
INITIATIVE & OWNERSHIP
- Understanding my learning limitations & possibilities
- Taking responsibility for my own learning
- Finding driving questions and analogies
- Seeking input from others
ENGAGEMENT & MANAGEMENT
- Understanding my learning strategies and how they affect my learning
- Select & seek out resources available to me
- Check my own progress