BE YOUR OWN SUCCESS STORY
ACHIEVE YOUR DREAM CAREER BY IMPROVING YOUR LANGUAGE SKILLS AND UNDERSTANDING HOW YOU CAN BECOME AN EFFICIENT LEARNER
These tools will help you to:
- break down the language barriers that may stand in the way of your further education by independently developing your language skills
- gain insight into who you are, what you dream of achieving, and how you can get there
- set your own learning goals and achieve them
This platform will help you become a good language learner. If you already have some basic language skills in a language that is not your mother tongue, and you would like the opportunity to become more self-directed in your learning, then this platform is for you.
This Learn-to-Learn Languages platform will help you to develop the competencies that will enable you to further expand your foreign language skills, as well as help you become a self-directed learner in educational settings.
This toolkit will help you develop the following things, which will support you in your language learning:
- What am I able to do?
- What do I need to get better at?
GOAL SETTING & PLANNING
- What learning would I like to achieve?
- Setting my learning goals
- Planning my self-learning agenda
INITIATIVE & OWNERSHIP
- Understanding my learning limitations & possibilities
- Taking responsibility for my own learning
- Finding driving questions and analogies
- Seeking input from others
ENGAGEMENT & MANAGEMENT
- Understanding my learning strategies and how they affect my learning
- Select & seek out resources available to me
- Check my own progress
MONITORING & ADAPTING
- How did my approach change what I did?
- Work on tasks with encouragement from others
- Adapting what I do for future learning
The toolkit is divided into 4 steps that you will be able to follow:
These steps have been designed to help you become self-directed in learning contexts that do not involve a teacher and a classroom, including if you have little prior experience with managing your own learning strategies.