Step 1: PLANNING MY LEARNING
Planning my learning is about creating a personalised learning plan and focusing on locating and developing learning strategies.
You will learn:
- What am I able to do?
- What do I need to get better at?
GOAL SETTING & PLANNING
- What learning would I like to achieve?
- Setting my learning goals
- Planning my self-learning agenda
INITIATIVE & OWNERSHIP
- Understanding my learning limitations & possibilities
- Taking responsibility for my own learning
- Finding driving questions and analogies
- Seeking input from others
ENGAGEMENT & MANAGEMENT
- Understanding my learning strategies and how they affect my learning
- Select & seek out resources available to me
- Check my own progress
You will need to find out what your strengths and weaknesses are in relation to your language level to set achievable learning goals. Once the goals are in place, it is time to focus on the strategies you can use and become aware of your limitations and possibilities.
In order to plan and organise learning goals, you need to find out which level you are currently at and also to gain insights into which categories of language learning you need to focus on ameliorating.